Friday, December 19, 2014

Music to Our Ears

When you listen to music, what feelings/emotions does it evoke?
My music taste vary a lot probably like most people depending on mood. Different artists give off different vibes some more sad others more vibrant and cheerful.
Jonny Cash- He probably has the most diverse of both styles more upbeat as well as more mellow music.
Daughter- Their bad has a sadder, chill vibe.
Seether, Fallout Boy and Daughtry all are good for a less serious vibe not that they don’t have serious songs. But majorly not.

What is your favorite song? Why? Is it connected to a certain time, event, or place?
My favorite song that has a memory attached to it would probably we Skinny Love by Birdy. I know it played on vampire academy’s on the finale feeling sad that is automatically the song I go and listen to. It may be sad but I find it comforting when I just want to be alone.at least 3 years ago and it was so sad a cried but the lyrics remind me so much of loss that when I am.

Do your friends listen to the same styles of music as you? What do you think this means?
Yes some do but others don’t. I feel personally like it’s easier to make friend with someone if you two like the same type or style of music just because music is such a big part of our world right now that its an easy topic to connect with especially if they are newer friends. A lot of my old friends don’t nessairly like all the music I like but I don’t really need that to connect with them so it doesn’t really bother me. Its when I have nothing to talk about with a new person I automatically turn to music to help make the situation for comfortable for conversation.

Is there any style of music that should not be tolerated? Why?

I think people have a right to listen to whatever they feel like listening to and it’s not my place to say what should be allowed now if some weird, reggae, jazz, or scremo came on I would most definitely put a pair of head phones in though; otherwise I would leave it alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment