Monday, November 10, 2014

Their Happily Ever After




This is my mom and dad
Now happily married and in love
Both with smiles that touch their eyes
A moment before I was a thought
Before I existed and my life not in their plans
My mom with a full head of curly brown hair
And a crown of fake pearls and tulle
My dad with a head of dark hair
That today is a heavy mix of salt and pepper

This is a time before aging
When time wasn’t really much of a thought

This is where I come from
Something that I one day can only hope to have
A love that is endless,
even though it has overcome struggles over the years 
And as of this past November 9th, 23 years in the making

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a good marriage to model your own after one day, and for that you are fortunate. I like how you indicate the passage of time through your dad's graying hair.

    ReplyDelete