Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Trick-or-Treat and Dead Mans Feet & The Jack-O-Lantern

List all the Halloween costumes you have had in the past years?

Little Witch
Pink Power Ranger
Vampire
Yellow Telotubbie
Gothic Cheerleader
Gypsy
Person from the House of Night (Book-series)
Butterfly
Princess
Gothic Version of Myself
Mini Mouse

On Halloween night, while trick-or-treating we passed the cemetery. Suddenly we all felt a cold and spooky wind...

I glanced at my friends to see if it was just me being super creeped out by the old cemetery. As I made contact with my friends I realized we were all looking at each other for the same reason. Slowly we turned our eyes to the wrought iron gate of which was the only entrance and exit into the fog covered grave yard. “Oh Hell no. Don’t even think about it B. We are not going in there. No way in Hell I prefer to party with the living… The dead just don’t that itch. No go.” B turned her Cheshire cat grin she only used for two reasons. To get her way or to cause trouble. On occasions like this? Both. “Come on Missy! It’s Halloween! You can party with the living the other 364 days of the year! It’s one night!” I glared and her for the stupidity of this idea even though I was pretty sure she was getting a kick out of freaking me out.  Our friend Mia nodded softly in agreement. Reaching my hand out and shoved B towards the gate. “Well go on miss I am so brave. Lead the way.” We all tugged on the iron bars moving it enough to slip through and head into the grave yard. Little did we know, we wouldn't be the same once we walked out.

As I looked at the Jack-o-Lantern, it seemed to be looking back at me. Then…

BAM! I was tackled to the ground letting out a small yelp as I fell.  My cousin rolling over to sit on me. “Emmy.” She whined more like a 6 year old then the 16 year old she really was. “We've been playing tag since we could run and you still suck!” Raising my hand I thumped her forehead with my palm. “Get off me you big ogre. I didn't let you catch me I just got…Distracted. The Jack-O-Lantern freaked me out.” I huffed in her face as she climbed off me and offered a hand to pull me up. “Emmy. When will you get over that fear? It is such a ridiculous thing to be afraid of. They a just pumpkins for god’s sake.” Giving me a what are you 5 look.  “Hey I don’t give you crap for being afraid of swimming with floaties!” She looked at me deadpan and mouth hanging out. “I can’t believe you just compared our fear. First of all you can die from swimming. You can’t die from a pumpkin!” She should have knocked on wood. Jinx. 

3 comments:

  1. What a cool way to end the jack-o-lantern piece--"She should have knocked on wood." I bet you were adorable as a Teletubbie, but I think I like the creativity of the "gothic cheerleader" most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grave yard story. I like the way you describe your friends smile and the "wrought iron gate". I also liked how creative the Jack O Lantern one is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read the rest of the first story. As Katie said, "her Cheshire cat grin she only used for two reasons" was a great line! The second story was really original in its ending, good job.

    ReplyDelete